Make the most of your short escape with these great activity suggestions. From underground wonders and Middle-earth Movie Magic to wildlife encounters, kayak trips and much more
- Hobbiton Movie Set: Discover movie magic with a guided tour through the permanent set as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- Hamilton Gardens: Explore the award-winning Hamilton Gardens and discover different civilisations and historically important garden styles from the farthest reaches of the world.
- Bowl & Social at SkyCity Hamilton: Check out SkyCity Hamilton's Bowl & Social for ten pin bowling, great food and timezone games.
- Waikato Museum: With top art, history and interactive kids exhibitions the Waikato Museum is a perfect indoor activity for the entire family.
- Zealong Tea Estate: Treat yourself to a high tea overlooking the stunning tea plantation.
- Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari: Discover walks through native forest for close encounters with birdlife and reptiles.
- Hamilton Zoo: Home to over 600 native and exotic animals and set amidst 25ha of lush and tranquil surroundings, Hamilton Zoo is the destination for a memorable day out.
- Hampton Downs: Challenge friends and family to a few laps of go-karting at Hampton Downs and get the blood pumping with a V8 Muscle Car or Supercar experience.
- The Sculpture Park at Waitakaruru Arboretum: Take a walk along the beautiful 2km art-in-nature trail and discover more than 100 sculptures and rare trees along the way.
- Cornerstone Alpaca Stud: Experience the ultimate alpaca experience with one of Cornerstone Alpaca Farm Tours, where you can meet and feed beautiful alpacas.
- Riverside Adventures: Riverside Adventure’s shuttle service is available to pick up and drop off any adventurers at Te Awa River Ride, Hauraki Rail Trail and the Timber Trail. If you’re after gear hire, Riverside Adventures has got regular bikes, e-bikes and accessories to make a day of it.
- Thundercross Valley: Thundercross is a unique dirt bike park in New Zealand with tracks, bike hire and tuition all in the same place.
- Hamilton Golf Club: Visit Hamilton Golf Club at St. Andrews - one of New Zealand's premier golf clubs, welcoming members, the visiting golf enthusiast and its locals for golf or a relaxing coffee in MatteBlack Cafe.
- Camjet: Take an Extreme Jet Boat Tour - a breathtaking adrenaline rush to the base of the Karapiro Dam and back to Cambridge.
- Woodlands Historic Homestead and Gardens: Experience a journey into history and appreciate the timeless beauty and refinement of early Victorian lifestyle in rural New Zealand.
- Plus much more.