About the programme.
‘Back to Life’ programme is an introduction to a regenerative way of thinking and acting that will enable Aotearoa to thrive into the next decade. It is a five-module online course designed to share knowledge, develop skills and boost the confidence of would-be change makers and leaders in the tourism industry.
The course is offered by two of the leading thinkers in Regenerative Tourism:
- Anna Pollock, founder of Conscious.Travel and member of New Zealand’s Tourism Future Task Force
- Michelle Holliday, acclaimed author of The Age of Thrivability: Vital Perspectives and Practices for a Better World
The objective of the Back to Life program is to help cultivate the fertile soil of community, so that many new and better visitor experiences can emerge from an authentic and collective ground.
Outcome of the programme:
- A guiding framework grounded in ecological (living systems) thinking.
- A better understanding of the four capitals (NZ’s living standards framework) and how your work can contribute to them.
- Action learning: practices to be implemented following each session.
- A community of practice that can help shape tourism in Aotearoa and regenerate the economy and communities going forward.
- Plus a curated encyclopedia + who’s who of experts, articles, videos, papers & podcasts. Everything you might want to know about Regenerative Tourism.
Why and what is Regeneration?
If sustainability is doing less harm, then regeneration is about developing the innate capability of a system to self-organize, thrive and evolve. It’s about creating the conditions for LIFE to flourish Individual - Business – Community.
What makes Regeneration so very different?
- Perception & Thinking.
- Purpose, Role & Success.
- Nature’s Principles.
- Essence & Potential.
- Development as capability to evolve.
- Collaborative & Reciprocal.
- Practiced in place.
Join us and become a pioneer of our regenerative tourism “back to life” programme. The Waikato, Wanaka, Bay of Plenty, Coromandel, Rotorua and Ruapehu regions are partnering together on a 10-week webinar programme commencing 25th February 2021.