From meandering through stunning gardens to discovering picturesque waterfalls and climbing to mountaintop views - there are plenty of free attractions to enjoy while you are here for Fieldays.
- Waiorongomai Valley: Step back into gold mining history as you explore the Waiorongomai Valley in Te Aroha
- Wairere Falls: Walk the Wairere Falls track near Matamata for stunning views of the falls and out over the region
- Otorohanga Kiwiana Walk: Pick up a quiz sheet from the Otorohanga i-SITE and look for clues on the Ed Hillary walkways
- Hamilton Gardens: Download and follow the Hamilton Gardens Children's Discovery Trail activity sheet
- Mangaokewa Scenic Reserve: Explore the attractive bush walk to the Cascade Waterfalls
- Hamilton Lake Domain: Stroll around the lake and let the kids loose on the playground
- Hakarimata Walkway: Visit ancient Kauri trees, tackle the summit stairs or try the family friendly rail trail tracks
- Mokena Geyser: Watch the world's only naturally hot soda water geyser erupt every 40 minutes in Te Aroha - while you are there check out the free foot pools in the domain
- Cycle Trails: From the banks of the Waikato River to the ancient Pureora Forest, there are many cycle trails to enjoy
- Plus much more
Make the most of your visit for Fieldays with these great activity suggestions. From underground wonders and Middle-earth Movie Magic to wildlife encounters, indoor activities and much more.
- Bowl & Social at SkyCity Hamilton: Check out SkyCity Hamilton's Bowl & Social for ten pin bowling, great food and timezone games.
- Waikato Museum: With top art, history and interactive kids exhibitions the Waikato Museum is a perfect indoor activity for the entire family.
- Zealong Tea Estate: Treat yourself to a high tea overlooking the stunning tea plantation.
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves: Visit the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and gaze in awe at the galaxy of glowworms.
- Hobbiton Movie Set: Discover movie magic with a guided tour through the permanent set as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- Hamilton Gardens: Explore the award-winning Hamilton Gardens and discover different civilisations and historically important garden styles from the farthest reaches of the world.
- Waitomo Adventures: Get your adrenaline pumping with a zipline, abseil or black water rafting trip with Waitomo Adventures, or try their family friendly tour, the Troll Cave.
- Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari: Discover walks through native forest for close encounters with birdlife and reptiles.
- Hamilton Zoo: Home to over 600 native and exotic animals and set amidst 25ha of lush and tranquil surroundings, Hamilton Zoo is the destination for a memorable day out.
- Hampton Downs: Challenge friends and family to a few laps of go-karting at Hampton Downs and get the blood pumping with a V8 Muscle Car or Supercar experience.
- The Sculpture Park at Waitakaruru Arboretum: Take a walk along the beautiful 2km art-in-nature trail and discover more than 100 sculptures and rare trees along the way.
- Cornerstone Alpaca Stud: Experience the ultimate alpaca experience with one of Cornerstone Alpaca Farm Tours, where you can meet and feed beautiful alpacas.
- Thundercross Valley: Thundercross is a unique dirt bike park in New Zealand with tracks, bike hire and tuition all in the same place.
- Hamilton Golf Club: Visit Hamilton Golf Club at St. Andrews - one of New Zealand's premier golf clubs, welcoming members, the visiting golf enthusiast and its locals for golf or a relaxing coffee in MatteBlack Cafe.
- Camjet: Take an Extreme Jet Boat Tour - a breathtaking adrenaline rush to the base of the Karapiro Dam and back to Cambridge.
- Woodlands Historic Homestead and Gardens: Experience a journey into history and appreciate the timeless beauty and refinement of early Victorian lifestyle in rural New Zealand.
- Plus much more.