Check out the great range of events on throughout the Waikato region during Fieldays:
- Te Ruru Light Festival
- Good George's Fieldays Beerfest
- Dave Robbyn live at The Factory Hamilton
- Plus much more
Skip the traffic and make the most of the variety of transport options available to get to the 2018 National Agricultural Fieldays.
- Bus: Use your Fieldays ticket to catch a FREE bus service between Hamilton and Mystery Creek. Buses will depart the Hamilton Transport Centre and The Base Te Rapa (Park and Ride) from from the BMX Club in Cambridge. There will also be free travel on all Hamilton buses within the city boundary, or on five regional services to Hamilton from Raglan, Cambridge, Te Awamutu, Paeroa, Morrinsville or Huntly, on presentation of a prepaid Fieldays ticket - perfect for exploring the wider region while you are here.
- Waikato River Explorer: Take a relaxing cruise along the Waikato River to get to the National Agricultural Fieldays this year on board the Waikato River Explorer. Booking Essential.
- CamJet: A thrilling way to get to the Fieldays, CamJet is offering a return 5 min jet boat ride from the Narrows Lane boat ramp, off Airport Road.
- Helicopter Transfers: Helicorp NZ will be running helicopter transport, departing from the Hamilton East and Hamilton Airport.
Make the most of your visit for Fieldays with these great activity suggestions. From underground wonders and Middle-earth Movie Magic to wildlife encounters, kayak trips and much more.
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves: Visit the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and gaze in awe at the galaxy of glowworms.
- Hobbiton Movie Set: Discover movie magic with a guided tour through the permanent set as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- Hamilton Gardens: Explore the award-winning Hamilton Gardens and discover different civilizations and historically important garden styles from the farthest reaches of the world.
- SKYCITY Hamilton: Check out SKYCITY Hamilton's new Bowl & Social for ten pin bowling, great food and timezone games.
- Waitomo Adventures: Get your adrenaline pumping with a zipline, abseil or black water rafting trip with Waitomo Adventures, or try their newest family friendly tour, the Troll Cave.
- Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari: Discover Plentiful walks through native forest for close encounters with birdlife and reptiles.
- Hamilton Zoo: Get up close and personal with exotic animals such as Lemur and Rhino with a Eye2Eye encounter at Hamilton Zoo.
- Waikato Museum: With top art, history and interactive kids exhibitions the Waikato Museum is a perfect indoor activity for the entire family.
- Hampton Downs: Challenge friends and family to a few laps of go karting at Hampton Downs and get the blood pumping with a V8 Muscle Car or Supercar experience.
- Good George Brewery: Learn all about the brewing process and their award-winning beers with a Brewery Tour, or enjoy a bite to eat in the dining hall.
- Zealong Tea Estate: Treat yourself to a high tea overlooking the stunning tea plantation. Plus visit their Fieldays stand at E54 to get 20% off a Discover High Tea Experience.
- Raglan Kayak & Paddleboard: Explore Raglan's limestone coast with kayak & paddleboard tours and rentals.
- Raglan Surf School: Learn to surf on Raglan's world famous left-hand surf breaks.
- Lake District Adventures: Take a magical glowwom kayak tour on Lake Karapiro, or hire some bikes to explore the Waikato River Trails.
- GoSkydive New Zealand: Get your adrenaline pumping with a skydive from up to 13,000ft, providing stunning views of the Waikato region below.
- Escapist: Get your brain working with immersive escape rooms (can you escape in 60 minutes?) and check out their board game cafe in the heart of Hamilton.
- Plus much more.
From meandering through stunning gardens to discovering picturesque waterfalls and climbing to mountaintop views - there are plenty of free attractions to enjoy while you are here for Fieldays.
- Waiorongomai Valley: Step back into gold mining history as you explore the Waiorongomai Valley in Te Aroha
- Blue Spring at Te Waihou Walkway: Visit the internationally acclaimed springs, with water so pure its supplies around 70% of NZ's bottled water
- Wairere Falls: Walk the Wairere Falls track near Matamata for stunning views of the falls and out over the region
- Otorohanga Kiwiana Walk: Pick up a quiz sheet from the Otorohanga i-SITE and look for clues on the Ed Hillary walkways
- Hamilton Gardens: Download and follow the Hamilton Gardens Children's Discovery Trail activity sheet
- Mangaokewa Scenic Reserve: Explore the attractive bush walk to the Cascade Waterfalls
- Hamilton Lake Domain: Stroll around the lake and let the kids loose on the playground
- Hakarimata Walkway: Visit ancient Kauri trees, tackle the summit stairs or try the family friendly rail trail tracks
- Gallagher Bike Skills Park: Helps your children to learn essential bike skills in a safe environment
- Mokena Geyser: Watch the world's only naturally hot soda water geyser erupt every 40 minutes in Te Aroha - while you are there check out the free foot pools in the domain
- Cycle Trails: From the banks of the Waikato River to the ancient Pureora Forest, there are many cycle trails to enjoy
- Plus much more