From meandering through stunning gardens to discovering picturesque waterfalls and climbing to mountaintop views - there are plenty of free attractions to enjoy while you are here for Fieldays.
- Waiorongomai Valley: Step back into gold mining history as you explore the Waiorongomai Valley in Te Aroha
- Blue Spring at Te Waihou Walkway: Visit the internationally acclaimed springs, with water so pure its supplies around 70% of NZ's bottled water
- Wairere Falls: Walk the Wairere Falls track near Matamata for stunning views of the falls and out over the region
- Otorohanga Kiwiana Walk: Pick up a quiz sheet from the Otorohanga i-SITE and look for clues on the Ed Hillary walkways
- Hamilton Gardens: Download and follow the Hamilton Gardens Children's Discovery Trail activity sheet
- Mangaokewa Scenic Reserve: Explore the attractive bush walk to the Cascade Waterfalls
- Hamilton Lake Domain: Stroll around the lake and let the kids loose on the playground
- Hakarimata Walkway: Visit ancient Kauri trees, tackle the summit stairs or try the family friendly rail trail tracks
- Gallagher Bike Skills Park: Helps your children to learn essential bike skills in a safe environment
- Mokena Geyser: Watch the world's only naturally hot soda water geyser erupt every 40 minutes in Te Aroha - while you are there check out the free foot pools in the domain
- Cycle Trails: From the banks of the Waikato River to the ancient Pureora Forest, there are many cycle trails to enjoy
- Plus much more
- Waitomo Adventures offering 40% off Blackwater Rafting. RRP $160, on special down to $96. Enter promo code “Fieldays” when booking. Valid from Monday 14th June to Friday 25th of June. Get this deal
- Raglan Rock offering 10% off all activities booked online and using the promo code “Fieldays10”. At this time of year the canyoning trip is great, and can be done during the day or on the night time glowworm trip. Get this deal
- Hamilton Zoo is profiling their single family pass offer on the Hot Deals page. Great opportunity to visit their newest residents – four male cheetahs. Get this deal
- The Henley Roast Night: Throughout Fieldays The Henley's talented kitchen team will be offering our Henley Traditional Roast option as part of the Henley Social dining offering….think rare roast beef, yorkshire pudding and lashings of horseradish cream……just come along and enjoy the amazing location, service and divine dining experience. For bookings call 07 8233421 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Echoes installation in Garden Place (Hamilton Central Business Association window). Check out this free interactive digital window mosaic with hundreds of images from 1865-1970 celebrating Hamilton and daily lives. More information here
- Matariki ki Te Whare Taonga o Waikato: A free event on the 19th of June at the Waikato Museum to celebrate Matariki in an interactive way to learn, take part, listen, watch, make and take something meaningful to celebrate Matariki. More information here
- 2 for 1 deal: Guided Tour of Hamilton Gardens. Take a tour of Hamilton Gardens with one of our experienced guides who will share their behind-the-scenes knowledge. The guided tour takes 75 minutes and reveals the secrets of our most popular themed gardens. Use promo code FIELDAYS2021 when booking online
- Dave Dobbin at the Factory on Friday 18th June. More information here
- Devil Skin at the Factory on Saturday 19th June. More information here
- Biddy Mulligan’s Irish Pub on Hood Street, with live music every night during Fieldays and signature dishes on offer. More information here
Make the most of your visit for Fieldays with these great activity suggestions. From underground wonders and Middle-earth Movie Magic to wildlife encounters, kayak trips and much more
- SkyCity Hamilton: Check out SkyCity Hamilton's new Bowl & Social for ten pin bowling, great food and timezone games.
- Waikato Museum: With top art, history and interactive kids exhibitions the Waikato Museum is a perfect indoor activity for the entire family.
- Zealong Tea Estate: Treat yourself to a high tea overlooking the stunning tea plantation.
- Good George Brewery: Learn all about the brewing process and their award-winning beers with a Brewery Tour, or enjoy a bite to eat in the dining hall.
- The Henley Fieldays High Tea: The Henley team will be open every day through Fieldays to experience and present our fabulous Henley High Tea’s……escape the craziness of Fieldays and relax in our gorgeous Manor for a decadent afternoon treat.
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves: Visit the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves and gaze in awe at the galaxy of glowworms.
- Hobbiton Movie Set: Discover movie magic with a guided tour through the permanent set as seen in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies.
- Hamilton Gardens: Explore the award-winning Hamilton Gardens and discover different civilisations and historically important garden styles from the farthest reaches of the world.
- Waitomo Adventures: Get your adrenaline pumping with a zipline, abseil or black water rafting trip with Waitomo Adventures, or try their family friendly tour, the Troll Cave.
- Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari: Discover walks through native forest for close encounters with birdlife and reptiles.
- Hamilton Zoo: Home to over 600 native and exotic animals and set amidst 25ha of lush and tranquil surroundings, Hamilton Zoo is the destination for a memorable day out.
- Hampton Downs: Challenge friends and family to a few laps of go-karting at Hampton Downs and get the blood pumping with a V8 Muscle Car or Supercar experience.
- Lake District Adventures: Take a magical glowworm kayak tour on Lake Karapiro, or hire some bikes to explore the Waikato River Trails.
- Raglan Surf School: Learn to surf on Raglan's world-famous left-hand surf breaks.
- Go Skydive: Get your adrenaline pumping with a skydive from up to 13,000ft, providing stunning views of the Waikato region below.
- Raglan Rock: Come along and join us for one of our adventures. Climb, abseil, jump off waterfalls, day or night, surround yourself with glowworms, go caving underground or explore some of Raglan's local climbing areas.
- CaveWorld: Escape the crowds and enjoy a magical Waitomo glowworm cave experience.
- The Sculpture Park at Waitakaruru Arboretum: Take a walk along the beautiful 2km art-in-nature trail and discover more than 100 sculptures and rare trees along the way.
- Cornerstone Alpaca Stud Home: Experience the ultimate alpaca experience with one of Cornerstone Alpaca Farm Tours, where you can meet and feed beautiful alpacas.
- Plus much more.