Using your mobile, you can take a tour of the unique Waipa landscape past and present. Through the videos you will hear a variety of fascinating perspectives on events which have shaped the region and discover artefacts from the collection of Te Awamutu Museum. Use the maps to find your way between spots whilst you are out exploring or follow one of the suggested themed itineraries.
Explore the 6 zones:
- Rangiaowhia-O-Rākau - Visit the sites of pivotal events which happened during the New Zealand land wars
- Kakepuku - Hike to the summit of the treasured mountain, Kakepuku
- Karāpiro - Explore the Waikato River, Karāpiro Dam and Maungatautari Mountain
- Pirongia - Learn about the turbulent history of the town, its waterways and mountain
- Ngā Roto - Discover the site of the country's largest intertribal battle
- Cambridge - Explore natural and built places of significance to tangata whenua (indigenous people) and early European settlers