About this Event
- Canapes & a drink on arrival
- Live Music
- Prizes for best costume
- Teapot races (bring your own teapot to compete)
From 7.30 pm Saturday 29 May at Woodlands Estate Wisteria Room.
This event is to raise funds for the Woodlands Estate Trust. Woodlands was established in 1872 and has been restored to its former glory. The gardens have a number of notable trees – one being regarded as New Zealand’s largest Eucalyptus and others considered to be of national interest. Woodlands is registered with the NZ Historic Places Trust and the New Zealand Gardens Trust.
We have a number of major developments coming up in the next 5 years:
- Extending the Homestead to include a purpose-built office and reception, interactive display space and archival facilities.
- Changing the carpark areas to make them more accessible
- A new and significant children's playground by the cafe
- Developing a Village Green for performances, ceremonies and celebrations. The intention is to eventually have victorian style shops
- A new jetty into the lake for stunning wedding photos
- Historic themed vegetable garden area
- Carriage house with guest accommodation