The 31-match schedule for the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 has been announced, with Hamilton joining Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin as host cities.
Hamilton’s Seddon Park will host seven pool matches, with staunch rivals Australia and England kicking off the city’s matches. India and South Africa will both take on the host nation’s WHITE FERNS in Hamilton. All matches will be broadcast live to a huge global audience as teams chase NZD$5.5 million in prize money.
The tournament caps off the ICC’s Year of Women’s Cricket, which began on International Women’s Day this year and concludes with the 3 April ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 final under lights at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.
Scheduled match dates for Hamilton’s Seddon Park, ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022:
- Saturday, 05 March - Australia v England
- Thursday, 10 March - New Zealand v India
- Saturday, 12 March - QUALIFIER v India
- Monday, 14 March – QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
- Thursday, 17 March - New Zealand v South Africa
- Monday, 21 March - QUALIFIER v QUALIFIER
- Tuesday, 22 March - India v QUALIFIER