Leg 1: Auckland to Hamilton
Head south out of Auckland, take SH1 and the Thermal Explorer Highway towards Hamilton. Drive time to Hamilton approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Take a cruise on the Waikato River to see the city from the best vantage point and learn some of its fascinating history.
- Have a flutter at SkyCity Casino, right in the heart of the city.
- Stroll around the famous Hamilton Gardens with their many themed areas and lovely riverside setting.
- Sample some of Hamilton’s award winning restaurants, cafes and vibrant nightlife.
Leg 2: Hamilton to Waitomo
Head south out of the City and take SH3 towards Waitomo. Drive time approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Get the adrenalin pumping with some caving – climbing, squeezing, abseiling and generally taking it to the limit through these amazing caves.
- Go black water rafting, or tubing, through the caves – all you have to do is sit tight and hang on.
- Enjoy above ground attractions such as great walking trails and dining options
- Learn all about the rural kiwi lifestyle at the Roselands Farm Show
Leg 3: Waitomo to Rotorua
Head back north to Kihikihi, turn right towards Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari, continuing on to connect with SH1 and SH5 at Tirau. Continue on to Rotorua Drive time approximately 2 hours.
- Take in a Maori Culture Show for an experience of New Zealand you won’t forget.
- Walk among geysers, hot pools and bubbling mud in one of Rotorua’s magical geothermal areas.
- Go Zorbing - the most fun you can have in a big see-through ball.
Leg 4: Rotorua to Taupo
Head south on SH5 to Taupo, drive time 1 hour.
- Take a thrilling jet boat ride with 360 degree spins as part of the fun amid a beautiful natural setting.
- Cast a line in one of the best trout fishing spots in the world.
- Take the plunge and bungy jump from high above the Waikato River.