Leg 1: Auckland to Hamilton
Head south out of Auckland, take SH1 and the Thermal Explorer Highway towards Hamilton. Drive time to Hamilton approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Take a cruise on the Waikato River to see the city from the best vantage point and learn some of its fascinating history.
- Have a flutter at SkyCity Casino, right in the heart of the city.
- Stroll around the famous Hamilton Gardens with their many themed areas and lovely riverside setting.
- Sample some of Hamilton’s award winning restaurants, cafes and vibrant nightlife.
Leg 2: Hamilton to Waitomo
Head south out of the City and take SH3 towards Waitomo. Drive time approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Get the adrenalin pumping with some caving – climbing, squeezing, abseiling and generally taking it to the limit through these amazing caves.
- Go black water rafting, or tubing, through the caves – all you have to do is sit tight and hang on.
- Enjoy above ground attractions such as great walking trails and dining options
- Learn all about the rural kiwi lifestyle at the Roselands Farm Show
Leg 3: Waitomo to Rotorua
Head back north to Kihikihi, turn right towards Sanctuary Mountain Maungatautari, continuing on to connect with SH1. Continue on to Rotorua Drive time approximately 2 hours.
- Take in a Maori Culture Show for an experience of New Zealand you won’t forget.
- Walk among geysers, hot pools and bubbling mud in one of Rotorua’s magical geothermal areas.
- Go Zorbing - the most fun you can have in a big see-through ball.
Leg 4: Rotorua to Taupo
Head south on SH5 to Taupo, drive time 1 hour.
- Take a thrilling jet boat ride with 360 degree spins as part of the fun amid a beautiful natural setting.
- Cast a line in one of the best trout fishing spots in the world.
- Take the plunge and bungy jump from high above the Waikato River.