Below is a summary of what this means for people residing in or visiting the region.
At Red, everyone can continue to do everyday activities, but we need to take action to protect our vulnerable communities and our health system from COVID-19:
- You will be legally required to provide your My Vaccine Pass to enter places that have vaccination requirements in place under the traffic light system. This may include hospitality venues, events, gatherings and gyms.
- Stay at home if you’re sick and get a test if you have symptoms.
- Maintain good hygiene - wash your hands, sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Keep a track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen.
- Face coverings are mandatory at some places such as public transport, retail and special social services.
- Keep a safe distance from people you do not know in public.
- You can travel around New Zealand and stay at accommodation at Red. There are no boundaries under the traffic lights
- Hospitality venues and public facilities can open at Red with requirements and restrictions.
- Events can go ahead with My Vaccine Pass requirements and restriction.
For full up-to-date information please visit www.covid19.govt.nz
Information for businesses
- COVID-19 Protection Framework
Find more detailed information here: www.business.govt.nz
- Businesses and workplaces at Red
More information about operating at Red here: www.covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights
For more COVID-19: Information for businesses please visit www.business.govt.nz/covid-19